Etsy Shop     Pinterest     Goodreads     YouTube     Tumblr      Links

3.02.2015

February Spawned a Monster

smartphones arrive; dumbphones lay on table being all dumb

cute dumpling character as seen in Philly's Chinatown

where the traffic was unbearably snail's-pace

Josh and his beloved Kittenpants

Alex's beloved Clivia

bird's nest Vietnamese dish from The Saigon Pearl

Havre de Grace; from the Decoy Museum parking lot

overlooking the Susquehanna

beautiful and just as bone-chillingly cold as it looks

gotta have faith

I won't bore you with apologies for not keeping up.  If you want to see what else I've been working on please visit my other blog, The Modern Archivist.  

I can tell you this:  2015 began poorly.  Death has been very near and dear this winter.  I welcome spring when spring arrives.

In more mundane news, we finally caved in as the latest arrivals to smartphone technology.  Early adopters we are not.  But all you Josh-fans can whet your lips with this emerging result:  more pictures of Mr. Wonderful himself and more pictures of our beautiful cats, and sometimes the three all together as illustrated above.  

It's been cold; I've been in a bad mood.  I'm glad to have evidence I even left the house at all this season.  We've puttered around Philly, where I saw a vintage brass purse in a store that I had sold at the Punk Rock Flea Market in December.  The shopkeeper was the first customer I had that day; she has a good eye.  She bought it off me for a song and is selling it in her shop for eight times what she paid for.  I say good for her:  all this wheeling and dealing is a player's game - one I'm finding I cannot keep up with.  I'm trying to unload more stock this summer, so if you're in Philly on Sunday June 8th, come to the market!  I'll be there again (I'm looking at you, too, vintage storeowner)!

And, if you're ever in Bel Air and want Vietnamese food, I highly recommend the Saigon Pearl in the Festival shopping center.  It's good.  The sushi place around the corner, Fuji Sushi, is also a sure thing.   

Not shown: I tried to use a clear screen guard for my phone face, but it made me nauseous!  I got sea-sickness from navigating my phone with it on.  Oh, captain!  I'm just not made for this modern world!


March 2, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment