Etsy Shop     Pinterest     Goodreads     YouTube     Tumblr      Links

2.01.2014

Cult Control and Big Mouth @The Gold Bar




Cult Control





Yeah, you saw that right
Big Mouth





   2014 is off to a great start.  We went to see Cult Control at the new Gold Bar in Station North.  It was an interesting set-up; the bar was on the second floor of a building that had another club, the Crown, across the hall.  Sort of like a bar/club office building.  Huh.  Anyway, the Gold Bar (and who knows, maybe the Crown, too) serves Korean food and specializes in pickle shots.  
   My new year's resolution is to try and get out a little more.  I woefully don't make it out to Baltimore or other nearby areas as much as I'd like.  So going out last night was a fun time.  We stayed for all the bands and it was worth it to stay into the night for Big Mouth.  We were mainly there to see friends in Cult Control, but it's a party, so live a little and stay past midnight, right? 
   Update:  more pics from this show by Josh Sisk are here.   
   (For whatever reason, the guitarist in Big Mouth reminded me of this graphic by Jaime Hernandez featuring Terry Downe.  Hopey is on the left playing bass.  Maybe it's because I was facing her back.  Anyway, I love Love and Rockets, I love the Hernandez brothers, and I love this image:)

No comments:

Post a Comment