Etsy Shop     Pinterest     Goodreads     YouTube     Tumblr      Links

1.27.2012

Disclaimer: TheCollectedLife Blog

This policy is valid from 27 January 2012

The Collected Life is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation, or experience.


The owner of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.


The owner of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.


The owner of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have an impact on the content of this blog. We are employed by Ladew Topiary Gardens. We have a financial interest in the following that are relevant to our blogging: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCollectedLife (my online vintage shop).


That's it.  To sum, if you've made it this far:  

I believe in DIY ethics.  I believe in doing things because one wants to, not because one has to.

I have this blog because I want to; I write about what I want, I review what I want, I share what I like or do not like because I want to.  I am not paid by any one or any company to do this blog or to write reviews or create video reviews.  I do so because I think it's fun and I enjoy sharing.  I am an expert on nothing and no part of my blog or opinions should be taken as professional advice.  


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I was literally JUST thinking about how I will never, ever put ads on my blog. I think it's repulsive when I'm reading a blog that I really love and there's an ad for McDonalds or something at the bottom and I wonder if the blog owner even knows what's being advertised on their OWN blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to include, "I'm a punk," but I don't think everyone understands that being punk means seeking freedom.

    People are all different and have different priorities. Some people want to make a profit on their sites, and if they are popular, maybe that works for them. I just don't want to be a lil' pawn of advertising, especially if I can't control what it is my site might promote. You and I are of a like mind and I credit that to punk ethics. Smiley face. =)

    ReplyDelete